The Miniature Bottle Collector

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Knock-off or Rip-off?

Can you say rip-off? Through the years I've read many articles about shady, fly-bynight companies in various Third World countries which don't exactly counterfeit famous labels, but surely make them similar. I've seen pictures of imitation Johnnie Walker Red and Gordon's Gin; however, up to now I'd never seen a mini imitation.

This Martell knock off was produced in probably 1937 and was sold in Mexico. If you traveled down there or lived there, you just might grab this off the shelf and think you got the real thing. The company which produced it, Anglo Swiss Vintager, also made a great many tequilas, rums, and even a marvelous set of ceramics. This one though is certainly less anspicious.

It just goes to prove that imitation isn't necessarily the sincerest form of flattery!

3 Comments:

  • Hi.


    you have many products mini wine unique .

    I am also a collection of mini liquor.

    My Blog: http://my.opera.com/ruoumini/blog/

    I am in Vietnam.

    Hopefully exchange, friends.

    Cordially

    By Anonymous minhchu, at 11:33 AM  

  • hi. so is there a market for old bottles?

    By Blogger Craig, at 8:19 AM  

  • I was a collector...trying to liquidate

    By Blogger Craig, at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home